Thursday, September 15, 2005

Aurora Watch

It's the middle of the night, and I have the urge to write. I don't know where that came from, cause my creativity has been directed in other areas lately. But now it wants to peek through in terms of written expression, and I've learned to pay attention to my impulses, and what they themselves express in waves, and give myself the option to do as I please, when I please. When my impulses change, I change with them so easily now, I have to remind myself that I have eased myself into a different dimension. But now, at least, I notice my own energy fluxuations. My own emotional ebb and flow.

I'm waiting for Aurora, as she is due to arrive. But in Greek, Aurora is Eos, Goddess of the Dawn, and she arrives every morning like crystal clockwork, so I can also pleasantly wait for her arrival in familiar tones of pink and blue, as soft as the smell of baby powder and as silent as new fallen snow.

As one gets older, one learns to stop and smell the roses, which of course requires one to be within the now moment, every moment. For the now moment is the all that exists. It seems a shame to me to allow the now moments to float by, with no appreciation for each and every taste of its deliciousness. And it leaves little desire for me to plan for the future, for there is no future, else it be the culmination of the choices I make in the now moment, as I wander.

I got to thinking about dimensions, as it will be easy to slip into another dimension, almost unnoticed, when the electromagnetic auroras fill the sky.

I always thought of dimensions as places. Somewhere one went to, and when one arrived, things were different in some manner. I suppose that holds some truth. But I was remembering the wit of Ron White, as he tells a story of going to a dimension of "pissed off" where he has never been before! Dimensions aren't necessarily places, as much as emotional expression directed by my focus of attention. I can travel through three four dimensions just getting to the living room. The dimensions of creative rearranging and cleaning.

I'd say dimensions are sometimes more like night dreams. I don't really go anywhere, I just redirect my attention, but that reality is as real as any other reality when I am participating. And that includes, dreams lite; also known as day dreaming, hallucinations, illusions, delusions, imagination, and other known delights.

The Greeks weren't far off when they chose to personify emotions as their gods and goddesses, cause Anger can take me by the hand and show me previously unseen sights. Demonstrated to myself within the action of my doing, as though my doing self is some sort of stranger leading me astray in an ocean of emotion, similar to Tyler in Fight Club.

I suppose I could proclaim the devil made me do it, but I choose to think of it more as a goddess or a muse, showing me my full range of capabilities, as unleashed as they may be. The Goddess of Anger is as much a creativity motivator as any muse.

I get that dimensions can be that place that someone refers to when they say, "don't go there!" Meaning a mental there, rather than a physical there. And that 'there' is composed of emotions coupled with my own feelings self worth at that moment in time, and any bad/good or right/wrong beliefs I wish to sprinkle on top of it.

Smells can transport me to the dimension of reminisce, taste to the dimension of revive, and music to a dimension I've yet to define, other than to say it is best with earphones that blot all else. Earphones tuned to the inner tone of my soul, and speaking the messages of my heart.

Excuse me...

Gotta go...

Brilliant Eos is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home